When your iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad become an essential part of your workout, you may wonder which ones are worth the time and money once you have scrolled through the endless array of fitness apps available.
With the right fitness app, your health can be boosted to get through your workouts. In contrast, you can be frustrated if you use the wrong one. One research conducted among many people using fitness apps. Then, a list of favorite exercise and fitness apps covering everything from strength training and yoga to weight loss and running is updated.
1.PumpOne Fitness Builder
Compatible With: iPhone, iPod touch, iPad.
PumpOne’s Fitness Builder is considered as one of the best fitness apps out there with thousands of exercises and workouts to fit any equipment, fitness level, goals , and budget.
- Workouts drawing from thousands of unique exercises and equipment including, weights, kettlebells, BOSU, foam roller, TRX, and more.
- Search workouts by location (hotel, home, gym, etc.), goal (arms, abs, cardio, etc.) or keyword.
- An exercise database with incredible variety. Some favorites: squat thrust to push up with a med ball and 180 swings with a kettle bell.
- Videos of each exercise.
- The ability to edit workouts or create your own.
- Plus Access – You can pay $6.99 a month to get access to more workouts, videos, printing abilities, and to receive workouts
Trainers can create workouts for clients and have exercises and workouts by their own through professional access levels
*Bonus – If you have an iPad, sign up for FitnessClass, an app that offers hundreds of fitness videos by well-known instructors like Cathe Friedrich and Chris Freytag. You can pay $9.99 a month or $69.99 for a full year.
2. MotionTraxx: Fitness Cardio Workouts, HIIT Training, and Elliptical Exercises
Price: $4.99 a month or $34.99 per year
Compatible With: iPhone, iPod touch, iPad
We are so interested in Deekron the Fitness DJ and Motion Traxx, which started out as a free Podcast offering walking, running and fitness workouts set to dance music at different BPMs.
Deekron that offers guided workouts for the treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical trainer and more has taken things a giant step forward with this workout app
- Great instructors – Each workout is taught by world-class trainers like Amy Dixon and Paul Katami, so you get great cuing and motivation.
- ActionSync(TM) soundtracks are designed specifically for each workout so the music matches the intensity. This is one of the best features of MotionTraxx; the music is what drives you to keep going.
- Lots of great HIIT workouts – They have workouts for every cardio machine or activity you can think of and they even include workouts from Fitness and Shape Magazine as well as BowFlex.
- Easy to use – The interface is simple. You choose the machine or workout, choose how much time you have (20, 40, or 60 minutes) and you’re ready to go.
- Great visuals – The screen shows the progression of your workout using a circle to represent each interval. You can also follow your progress along the bottom of the screen, viewing the upcoming intervals.
There’s always something new to try when Deekron adds fitness exercise on a regular basis. If we had any dream features, it would be the ability to mix and match to create your own workouts.
3. BeatBurn Treadmill/Outdoor Trainer
Compatible With: iPhone, iPod touch, iPad.
Interval workouts are incredibly popular and effective, and they’re much easier to do when you have a program to follow, something BeatBurn offers in a unique way, using what they call BEAT-SYNC technology, which actually matches the music to your pace, which is pretty incredible.
More Standout Features
- BeatBurn delivers BEAT-SYNC technology, which changes the pace of the music to match your pace.
- Guided interval workouts – A trainer guides you through the workout, keeping you going with motivational pep talks, like “Three more intervals, let’s go!”
- Track your speed, incline, distance and calories. You can also control your workout, changing the pace of the workout at any time if things are going too fast or too slow.
- Compatible with Apple’s HealthKit on iPhone
- Also compatible with Apple Watch.
BeatBurn has more fitness apps as well, including BeatBurn Elliptical Trainer, Tempo Magic Pro, and more.
4. Daily Workout Apps
Price: Free or up to $4.99
Compatible With: iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Also works with Android
Daniel Miller’s Daily Workout apps are about as simple and straightforward as you can get. classic moves – squats, lunges, overhead presses, crunches, etc., and a very quiet video of an exerciser performing the move are included in the workout. There’s a timer at the top that counts down from 60 to 30 seconds depending on the length you’ve chosen and you can listen to your own music while you use the app.
- 10 different workouts ranging from 5 to 10 minutes
- 10 to 30 minutes of randomized total body workouts
- Videos that show how to do each exercise
- An onscreen timer as well as instructions
- Integrates with the Apple HealthKit
- In the paid version, you get more exercises and workout routines and you also get Pilates and kettlebell exercises. You can make custom workouts in the paid version, it’s ad-free and you can watch the videos in landscape mode.
Download the free versions, which include: Daily Workouts, Daily Ab Workout, Daily Butt Workout, Daily Arm Workout, Daily Leg Workout, Daily Cardio Workout, and Simply Yoga.
5. DailyBurn Video Workouts
Price:12.99 a month
Compatible With: iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
DailyBurn has really come a long way, offering a comprehensive app with tons of great extras.
- A new Daily Burn workout every day. You can watch it live at 9 am ET or you can watch it on demand for 24 hours
- Over 150 workouts that cover everything from yoga and cardio to kickboxing and circuit training
- Access your workouts on any device
- Works with Apple HealthKit
- Unlimited access to videos as well as a variety of training programs
The variety of workouts and fitness programs are all of thing about DailyBurn . It fits every fitness level and, if you follow a program, it gives you all your workouts for the week. This is a great buy for home or traveling exercisers who want lots of variety.